Attention:

If you have time to read only one posting, click the following link to read the entry for the last day of our journey.


http://ontheroad6.blogspot.com/2013/10/day-59-th-trip-so-far-805-pm-saturday.html






Day 4, August 18...Champlain Park, near North Bay, Ontario

It seems that AT&T shut off my iPad's cell phone.  I called AT&T last Moday setting up an international package but apparently the representative set it up on the wrong account.  They just turned it back on.  The postings I made to he blog were lost. I'll reconstruct some of them tonight.

So far, we have travelled 1000 miles. We are now in our 4th camp, one night each in NYSE Mongaup Park, Charleston PP (provincial park) just over the border, Brent Camp in Algonquin PP, where Leben went swimming again, and now Champlain PP, where Leben also went swinging.  After three tiring days of driving and workin from the minutes I got up to to minute I crashed, we took an easy drive today of about 100 miles.  I am reconstructing our route from last year to obliterate the terrible memories of the fated trip, and it is working.  Both dogs are taking advantage of being outdoors all the time (Erde more than Leben, of course), and the thought that ones to my mind the most at night when all the chores are done is, What a joy it is to be back on the road.  Except for that AT&T fiasco, I  quickly left behind the noise of life back in DC, and got into the stride of the trip immediately.  And I cannot believe how invigorated I feel.

I am will send next a photo of what is in front of me here now and then sign off until later. Tomorrow we will he'd for Killarney PP, 200 miles away, and then around the east of Lake Superior, hoping to make Thunder Bay next Friday.

No comments: